From: wheelch...@aol.com [mailto:wheelch...@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 1:56 PM
To: bobbie...@aol.com; quad-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] Everyone please do me/us a favor

First of all, I wish you success with your cause.  2nd, as the imaginary
General Manager of  Hilton Embassy Suites Hospitality I have to ask.... What
size?  Should it be equipped with a Trapeze and auto-remote operation. How
much weight should it be able to hold? Should it be hospital chrome or
powder coated? Should the hospital bed be ordered to support other adaptive
devices, for breathing?  Should we order special mattresses for each
individual need?  Because a hospital bed is not required under ADA
Guidelines, it would be a courtesy or convenient item and should we charge
extra for the courtesy.  Consider that any air-type mattress could be
subject to puncture and require an occasional repair, for the next customer.
Where would we store such a bed, in between uses and ensure that it is clean
and sanitized for the next user.
Presently, there are several hospital beds on the commercial market place.
They begin around 1500 dollars and go up to more then 6500 dollars.  Can you
assure us that by purchasing such a special needs bed for the general
resident with disAbilities that we will not be sued for not having the
proper medical bed for a hotel guest.  The cost of outfitting each of our
properties with just one bed could cost millions.  How do we justify such a
cost for something that may not be used that often.  Your input is wisely
solicited.
The imaginary General Manager

Best Wishes

In a message dated 6/15/2011 12:23:16 P.M. Central Daylight Time,