From: Berres, Susan J *HS ;
To: quad-list@eskimo.com ;
Subject: [QUAD-L] Words of wisdom
Sent: Fri, Sep 16, 2011 6:03:58 PM

Hello!

I'm Sue - I'm an OT at a children's rehab hospital.  I have a question for you
all about an issue that has arisen with one of my patients.

This young person is a high paraplegic and is currently unable to reach his
anus to do bowel disimpaction.  He could do this before, but he had spinal
fusion surgery a while back and now his trunk doesn't bend and his arms are too
short to reach this area.

Any ideas about how he could do this independently?  It's really the last
barrier to him being able to live independently.

Thanks!

Sue Berres, OTR/L