Welcome, Philip!

Steve - C4, 23 years

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Wells [mailto:p-we...@ihug.co.nz]
Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2011 5:24 PM
To: Quad-List
Subject: [QUAD-L] Hi From New Zealand

Hi Fellow List Members

I've been on this list for quite a long period now but don't often post.

My name is Philip Wells, I'm a C5 complete Quad, aged 47.

My injury was in 1979 from a rugby game when I suffered a double dislocation
of C4,5 & 6.

I live in a rural province of New Zealand called Taranaki, on my parents
dairy farm.

I worked for 20 after my accident as an Analyst/Programmer for a small
software development firm in a nearby town.

Nowdays my health is not really up to full time work so im in semi
retirement.

To give you an idea of the bits and pieces that enable me to live as
independantly as I can, here's my 'stuff'.

I've got a Quickie 626 SE powerchair, which I love for all sorts of reasons.

I have a 1996 Chevrolet G20 van with a 4" lowered floor and a Ricon rear
mounted hoist.

I sit on a Roho quattro cushion, which I find really good, not having spent
a day on bed rest for many years.

My interests are art, sport, music, the politic's of disability, motor &
horse racing.

Life has taken an exciting twist recently as my parents are shouting my
whole family (8 adults, 6 kids) to Disneyland in California for a week.

Can't wait, and im hopefuil of picking up a few hints from you all to make
my trip a little easier.

But without getting too carried away, hi to you all.

Best

philip