Im starting to wonder if he is wrong.... X|
he's also my Pulmonologist
-Danny

On 6/8/2012 7:17 PM, Danny Espinoza wrote:

The original designed ones actually cannot be replaced only the newer ones can be. According to the doctor I was talking to the last time I was in the hospital he said because I've got an older type mine wasn't replaceable and the vein has grown in a way that it is only about 50% efficient. According to him they work for about 3 to 5 years good. The newer type of filers are meant to be retrievable and/or replaceable. I have an older style in me so I had asked him what my options were and he said they can put a newer one in front of my old one and that it would be good for 3 to 5 years again but its replaceable and would need to be replaced "removed and a new one put in" every year about. I then asked him why not every 3 years and he told me it really depends on how the vein grows and the safest bet would be once a year.

I just looked it up and this is a list of them

  * B Braun Tempofilter IVC filter (retrievable)
  * B Braun VenaTech LGM IVC filter (no longer sold)
  * B Braun VenaTech LP IVC filter
  * Bard G2x IVC (retrievable, unlimited indwell time)^[4]
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inferior_vena_cava_filter#cite_note-3>
  * Bard G2 (retrievable)
  * Cook Gianturco-Roehm Bird's Nest IVC Filter (permanent)
  * Cook Günther Tulip (retrievable)
  * Cook Celect (retrievable)
  * Cordis OptEase IVC filter (retrievable, 23 day indwell time)^[5]
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inferior_vena_cava_filter#cite_note-4>
  * Cordis TrapEase IVC filter
  * Mobin-Uddin Umbrella IVC filter (no longer sold)
  * ALN IVC filter (retrievable)
  * Rex Medical Option IVC filter (retrievable)
  * Rafael Medical SafeFlo Vena Cava Filter (for permanent implantation)
  * Bard Eclipse^[6]
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inferior_vena_cava_filter#cite_note-5>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inferior_vena_cava_filter

I honestly have no clue which I have but thought this information may be useful to others.

-Danny