Life is what you make it with God's help of course.

Tonight is our weekly "Prayer Warrior" meeting and we will pray for the
quads
going through depression this week.  I'm just coming off 3 day  depression
that
was a dozzie.

July 10, 1966, my timeline.

In my opinion, God gave me a gift.  At the age of 15 I was headed down  the
wrong road.  Coming from a small town there were not many kids to  choose
from when looking for a friend.  Some of my childhood friends chose
different paths:

Art robbed a bank, committed suicide,  Ken, after  consuming a few too many
drowned,
Bob, for some reason took his life at the end of a rope, another  Bob,
celebrated his graduation by drinking too much, never quite making it to  his
graduation and Stanley, lifetime sex offender.

Then there's me!  I guess I was the oddball of the bunch.  After  spending
2 1/2 years in a state hospital my parents decide there is no further
rehabilitation, so they take me home.  On the day of my discharge the nurse
took
my father aside and gave him some advice.  "Take him home, buy him a
television and wait for him to die."  This was not a mean comment, this was
the
mind set of that time period.

Sometimes God opens doors, put you at the right place at the right time and
 in my case it was the CB craze of the 1970's.  I started servicing CB
radios with the help of two part-time technicians that were attending
electronics school.  The two part-time technicians were hired full-time, a
third
was added part-time, and busting at the seams, I purchased property and
constructed a building on the opposite side of the street.  Within  five years
had three full-time technicians, two part-time  technicians, three office
people, not including my wife and myself.

Our business continued to expand, God kept opening new doors and we
expanded, sending business fliers to fire departments in 13 states.  We  have
serviced fire equipment from every state including Alaska, but not  Hawaii.
Darn, missed that one.

As things would happen, my wife had a health issue, visited the wrong
doctor and the medical bills piled up.
As many of the married quads know, your wife in many cases is your main
caregiver.  Any funds that had been built up quickly went for my health  care
and hers.  The next several years would take us to a very comfortable
lifestyle to living in the red.  Well, that is water over the dam.

After selling the business to cover our bills around 1995, I continued to
manage the business on a part-time basis for the new owner.  Unfortunately
the new owner did not have a business head on his shoulders.  After his
business fails around 2005, I continued to service fire pagers on a limited
basis.

July 10, 2012 I closed a door God opened and am now retired. My life  isn't
over, it wasn't over in 1966, God just opened different doors.  My  first
door, July 1966, door number 2 in 1995.  It's going to be  interesting to see
what God has behind door number 3.

Keep going, it's worth it in the end!

Glenn Henry