When all else fails.... Therabans...."what's your color?"

Best Wishes

In a message dated 8/29/2012 10:11:04 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
moo_on_whe...@yahoo.com writes:

Ooooh I  like the idea of trying something new every year!

While at Craig I  played table tennis and bowling, which was a lot of fun.
I also was the first  quad to cast a fishing pole prototype one of the
engineers was working on and  that little ten minute period spent with it got
me
all fired up for fishing. I  want to try fencing, archery, baseball, martial
arts, on and on...I might not  be able to play all of them for very long or
very well but what I love is  figuring out how to make it work with the
function I have...to beat an  obstacle. :) Plus it would be nice to find one
sport I love and see how far I  could take it.

Mandy, C5-7

On Aug 28, 2012, at 11:04 AM,  Elizabeth Treston <missl...@optonline.net>
wrote:

> I used to  road race, play tennis (first quad woman on East Coast).
Every year I  make an effort to due something new.  Like many of us I've been
in
a  chair over 25 years +.  New things now aren't so adventurous as scuba
diving or flying a plane.  I'm happy now taking my nephew to a skateboard
event.
> One year it was to eat in an outback.  This year Sonic is  on my list.
>
> I've been kayaking and surfing too.  As a  c5'7 you may find tennis the
best sport as you can do it from whatever chair  you're in and play with
anyone.  There are SCI/D groups that do  outings.  What state are you in an
check with your chapter.