----- Reply message -----
From: wheelch...@aol.com
To: <bobbie...@aol.com>, <quad-list@eskimo.com>
Subject: [QUAD-L] Hovercraft Wheelchair
Date: Tue, Sep 18, 2012 6:02 pm
All the Hovercrafts I know of use Gasoline power as their primary source of
renewable energy.  Check to see if your Edge has solid or air filled
tires.  That could make the difference.  Center powered wheels offer
some great options to its uses.  However climbing a steep portable ramp is
not one of those great options.  As the front castors reach a given angle,
they have been known to lift the center drive wheels off the ground making them
less effective.  Also,
The Pride Edge wheelchair is part of the Quantum Division and narrows those
who can work on repairs and mods on your chair.  Not every Pride
Dealer/Provider is Quantum Certified/Qualified.  The Edge is relatively new
in the market, so I'm sure their is more good stuff, then negative.
Programming is so difficult that reprogramming often costs more, should you
have
software issues.  Lastly, watch out for water and heavy moisture.