We had a similar situation at my granddaughters house.  I could get inside
(barely), but then there was only one place for me to park the wheelchair-and
then I was in a position where everyone had to step over my feet.  I finally
explained to my granddaughter that I was not going to be able to come to the
inclement weather get togethers at her house and why and after her initial
dismay, she and I were both OK with the situation.  Now however they have moved
to Las Vegas so we have moved the family get togethers around a little bit
more.  Because my chair is so big and bulky I usually have to find a parking
place while visiting with friends and just stay there.  I much prefer the
summertime get togethers.  Weather wise today is gorgeous, lots of sunshine
reflecting off of the snow (only 4 inches however) but the high for the day
only supposed to be 24°but thank goodness there is no wind.  Love this kind of
winter weather.  Joan