Is either of your parent's deceased?
I think the age is 21,. If injured before you are 21, when a parent passes you
can receive Disability from their SS.
Once the other passes you can switch to which ever has the better SS.
Not sure how it is if you are working and have SS.
I was injured at age 17 and was working, but did not have enough credits to
qualify for Disability.
Not sure of the exact rules, but that's how I got it.
Greg