I sweat because of Autonomic-Dysreflexia (AD) when I'm in pain somewhere in the
insensate part(s) of my body.  I only sweat from my head, in different parts,
depending where on my body the pain is.  If my lower extremities, the sweating
is on the opposite side of my head.  The intensity of the sweat is directly
related to the level of pain.  Most of my head will be red in color, except the
sweaty parts, which go pale white (yes, it's a sight!).  I can soak a towel in
under a minute when it's real bad.  I always have small towels handy, including
a spare in my van.

My body temp usually stays at my normal 98.1F when I sweat.  I do not sweat at
all if/when my body (core) gets hot (without pain).  Sometimes, when it's
chilly, my sweating can bring my temp down enough to make me cold and shivering
...which is when i seek a radiant heat source.

For me, sitting in the sun can help if the sweating is mild.  If it's intense,
I find that a little marajuana can make a huge difference.  It doesn't stem it
forever, but can stop it outright for a good while.

MJ is almost legal in Massachusetts (a ticket noone pays for having under 1oz),
and they're gearing-up to open medical MJ dispensaries (it was voted-in last
fall).  I already started asking my primary care phys for a "recommendation" in
February.

Happy Independence Day everyone!
bob

an internal infection that is forcing increased temperatures and sweats. Has
your normal temperature increased ? Has your normal blood pressure
increased?  What's your record for UTI's?