I read the article and thought it sounded quite cool. So I searched for on the web and found a YouTube video about it. It's nothing like what the article says. The ReJoyce Hand and Arm Rehabilitation System is basically an exercise machine. It's like a 4 foot long plastic elbow shaped device. The one end of it the paralyzed person holds onto as good as they can, the other end is attached to the table and connected to a computer. The elbow joint let it move in all directions. So as you move around it moves the cursor on the computer. So you move it around playing a game on the computer. It helps with exercise, balance, and coordination. At least the one I saw does not actually open and close your hand. It looks like it could be a home exercise machine. It might actually help with balance and coordination. But not the miracle device that open and close at hand.
Greg