well hello everyone,
for those individuals that did not know I had surgery done on my leg due to
both bones in the lower part of my leg just above the ankle. I forgot very
important piece of information just before surgery? I am a 3/4c complete and
had a tracheostomy for six months after my injury. Well during one of my
hospital stays because of pneumonia my primary physician warned me about scar
tissue still remaining in my throat and this is what I forgot to tell anybody
before surgery. Scared myself nearly half to death about an hour after
returning to my room, it felt like my throat was closing up! Thankfully I got
the word nurse out of my mouth before I started making this most unusual sound,
which meant I couldn't vocalize what was going on. With the great response of
medical personnel, including four doctors which one of them gave me a breathing
treatment reduces swelling in the back of my throat. Upon trying to insert a
breathing tube for surgery they encountered
 that scar tissue and became inflamed afterwards. So my word of wisdom to have
these type of things written down and brought to the attention of those who
take care of us. The surgery went great now I have a metal rod or the correct
term a nail running down the middle of my one bone and some plates and screws
to accessorize it. Now to wait out the next two weeks to see what my surgeon
released me from my bed to some kind of activity?? If anybody has any other
questions feel free to ask take care my dear friends
Monty of Indiana almost 20 years post injury