From: Naomi Hudson [mailto:ladyno...@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2013 9:47 PM
To: quad-list@eskimo.com
Subject: [QUAD-L] Suprapubic Catheter

Help I need  your advice,

I have had an indwelling Foley catheter for the past eight years. My
urologist keeps telling me eventually, my urethra will become eroded and it
will start to leak. This will cause me to need urinary diversion surgery,
which I've told him I'm not going to have unless it's absolutely, positively
necessary, because it's so invasive. So now he's telling me my next best
option is a suprapubic catheter. Then he tells me that he may have to give
me Botox in my bladder to keep my urethra from leaking. So I'm like, why not
wait until my urethra starts to leak and then give me the Botox and a
suprapubic catheter. I have a return visit in three weeks to let him know
what I'm going to do. Any suggestions?

Have a Blessed Day, Naomi