I also agree with W!  My newest chair is mid wheel drive and I hate it.  I'm
active, want to travel on most surfaces - go to the farm (gravel
driveway/grass/dirt)and show mini horses in some deep footing.  I used the
"new" chair for about one winter, parked it in the hall and went back to using
my rear wheel drive.  I am due for a new chair this December.   Last time my
dealer promised I'd love the mid wheel drive despite my reservations... he was
wrong!  This time I'll stick to my guns.

So, if you want to go beyond home and sidewalk ... don't go with the mid wheel
drive.

Nan :)