"A Rainy Morning"
               By Ted Koozer

A young woman in a wheelchair,
wearing a black nylon poncho spattered with rain,
Is pushing herself through the morning.
Have you seen how pianist
sometimes bend forward to strike their keys,
then left their hands, and draw back to rest,
then lean again just as the cord fades.
Such is away this woman
strikes at the wheels, with her long white fingers,
letting them float, then bend again to strike
just as the chair slows, as if into a silence.
So expertly she plays the chords
of this difficult music she has mastered,
her wet face beautiful in its concentration,
while the wind turns the pages of rain.

The gentleman that wrote this poem is not in the wheelchair. I just like the
poem and wanted to share with all of you.

Do we have any poets on the quad list? I have written a few haiku's, but that's
all.

Bobbie