The quad I work for has a callous on his rear which sounds like what you
described.  His callous is in  the shape of a "v " which starts at the top of
his crack and somewhat parallels it on the way down.  As it goes down each
buttocks it fans slightly into a narrow "V".

He has had a 4" RoHo cushion which has been a life saver for years. He does,
however,  recline in his chair a good bit. The back rest is not Roho but a
regular J back.

I also wondered if  this pressure area is due to the head of his bead being up
about 45 degrees at night and somehow putting pressure on his rear.

It has pealed like a callous similar to what you are describing.

Any ideas on the cause and cure?

Sent from my iPhone