I read about quad stuff all the time and a fact found interesting was 30
percent of quadriplegics never accept or learn to deal with their injury. What
that means is they essentially survive. When I was in court the experts that
set up care packages for quads told me I would be dead in 20 yrs. Its clear im
going to make them a liar on that.

One more thing I would like to say about being married and a quad. I know
several quads that either were married at the time of injury or got married
after. I have had the opportunity to marry twice since my injury myself but
held up. What stopped me from getting married was I saw the writing on the wall
that I was going to be controlled, taken advantage of and set up potentially
for a cycle of abuse. Once you leave your family and get married your potential
marriage partner can easily take your social security money, put you in a room
and slowly put you exactly where they want. Once you get in such a situation it
can be hard to get out of. Basically some of these slick people out there get
you to burn your family ties , move you away and the only way out then is to go
to a nursing home and start from scratch.

Sure there are some out there that have a legitimate marriage that works, but
many are fooling themselves or not telling the truth. When someone knows you
need them for some sort of care most people will abuse that in some way or
another. You have to be very careful as a disabled individual and marriage.
Being lonely sometimes is better than living with a person that's found an
angle to get by and you are it.............

Ron