I mentioned before how I often would wake up from panic dreams, breathing hard, etc. I finely think I figured out what was causing it. If I sleep with my head flat, after awhile my chest gets heavy and it gets harder to breath. I think that causes my dreams to get weird trying to wake myself up. It feels like I'm not getting enough air. If I put the head of my bed up just a few inches, everything feels fine.
I know years ago the doc said an xray showed my heart was slightly enlarged. Probably from years in a chair not exercising.
Greg