I remember  when this happened............Crazy thing is, I'm a Quad and live
in Maryland Heights,Mo. Dan H**

On Saturday, November 8, 2014 12:24 PM, alcibiates2 <alcibiat...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

The story reads like a book. In the 80's I Had an aid that killed a guy doing a
drug deal. I wasn't surprised. He had been working twenty hour days for a week
without gripping about his time.
When I saw him on TV all I could think of was the reward money I missed out on.
Nowadays, I use the fin test on new aids. I leave a five on the floor and see
if it disappears or gets given back. If they pass we try bigger and more
discreet tests.
It's important to trust aids even more so than family. Don't think sex makes a
difference when it comes to trust.
john s

-------- Original message --------
From: RONALD L PRACHT
Date:11/08/2014  6:04 AM  (GMT-05:00)
To: quad-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] Quad burned bu caregiver

ST. LOUIS COUNTY • A caregiver of a quadriplegic man from south St. Louis
County was found guilty of first degree murder and first degree arson after a
trial this week .
Tyrone Benedict, 41, of Maryland Heights, is scheduled to be sentenced Dec. 5,
said defense attorney Gil Sison. The jury deliberated about two and a half
hours on Friday and recommended a sentence of life without the possibility of
parole for the murder charge and life for the arson charge.
The incident happened on Feb. 23, 2001. Firefighters who arrived at the burning
apartment found Mark J. Woods, 40, in bed with multiple stab wounds, including
one through his neck. Woods, who had been paralyzed from the chest down and
relied on machines and caregivers for most of his daily tasks, had hired
Benedict as a caregiver about a month earlier.
Prosecutors noted that Benedict's story to police changed, and he at first
denied he had gone into work that day but cell phone records placed him near
the duplex in the 100 block of Kinswood Lane.
During the trial, Woods' mother said that he did not have problems with
previous caregivers but did with Benedict. She said she’d hear them arguing
over money and once heard Benedict say to Woods, “You will be sorry.”
​Valerie Schremp Hahn covers nightside public safety for the Post-Dispatch.
Follow her on Twitter at @valeriehahn.
Copyright 2014 stltoday.com. All rights reserved. This material may