WOW, and I thought that breaking my leg when my chair brakes failed was
traumatic! But here you are still contributing to this group, thank goodness.

Glad that you made it through what had to have been a miserable time of your
life. Joan

From: lwillis...@yahoo.com [mailto:lwillis...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2015 10:17 AM
To: quad-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Fwd: [QUAD-L] Cushions

Back in the nineties I bought a brand new Caravan, an IMS conversion. The
tie-down was a floor-post with the latch on the chair. In the first month it
released me twice without cause. Fortunately I was going slow and able to stop
both times. Until.... On July 14 I backed out of my parents drive. I pulled it
into drive and pulled back on the accelerator. The van lurched forward....and
my tie-down released. The van picked up speed and I went rolling helplessly to
the back of the van. I left the road, jumped a ditch, and hit a large tree
head-on at 45 mph. I was thrown forward violently and jammed under the
dashboard. The van was totaled. It took EMT nearly three hours to get me out.
My chair was bent like a pretzel, my legs broke and knees shattered, concussion
and internal bleeding. The docs wanted to amputate my legs but I refused. Today
they stay bent and spastic and make me miserable. I should have let them cut.
Anyway, that's how I broke my legs.

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message: