Danny, similar to a corset or girdle.  It is made with elastic  material
and velcro.
Best Wishes

In a message dated 4/6/2015 9:21:12 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
da...@immortaldesigns.co writes:

I've got  a colostomy but have never used an abdominal binder what are they
and what  is their purpose?

-Danny

-----Original Message-----
From:  greg [mailto:g...@eskimo.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2015 7:54 PM
To:  quad-list@eskimo.com
Subject: [QUAD-L] Binder and Colotomy

Anyone  with a colostomy also wear a abdominal binder?
I can't find a binder that  fits over one. Right now I just cut a hole in
the
binder, but it just frays  apart real fast.
Plus, the binder moves and can cut into the stoma. I am  going to buy a new
binder and just put it on over the stoma and bag and see  if it can still
work and drain ok. I don't go much during the day  usually.
I just found a binder/belt that has a ring built into it  that  bag snaps
onto. Made so you don't need to glue/tape a wafer onto  the skin. I just
worry that the binder would move just a bit, then anything  that comes out
goes right under the binder... messy mess. Plus, it only  comes up to 9
inches tall and I use 12. Good idea though.
I think a  binder with a pouch bubble over the stoma area would be  good
idea.  You just need a binder that does not over lap itself. Or you would
have to  line up 2 pouches on the binder. The binder I use now over laps
itself, so  I had to cut 2 holes in the binder in that  spot.