Your local ATT store or even online should give you a choice of free phones. You might need to extend a contract, but if you like them. Verison gives you a free phone every 2 years, or a big discount on a smart phone. If you only use it for police/fire, I don't think you need a service anymore. I think all cell phons can call them.