I had a supra pubic for about 17 years. I had to have my bladder diverted
into a urostomy due to bladder atrophy, pain from the catheter rubbing
against the bladder and terrible bladder spasms. I was having three or four
battles with A.D. every week.

Unfortunately the urostomy hasn't been the fix everyone thought it would be
for me. I still have significant trouble with pain, but it is much better
than the last couple of years with the SP.

Like Bob said, a suprapubic is easily reversed. You can simply let the hole
close and go back to a normal catheter if necessary.

I wish you the best of luck