A trans-motor, consist of 3 separate components.  The Motor, the  Gearbox
and the Magnetic Break. You might be moving the Free Gear Lever, but if  the
pin that is connected to it, is not properly secured it will just rotate and
 not move.  How old are your batteries?
Best Wishes

In a message dated 9/28/2016 7:37:58 P.M. Central Daylight Time,