I'm not sure if your for or against. Private insurance can cancel you at any time. If too many people get sick at once, a private insurance can simply asked to be relieved of responsibility. When AIDS hit big, many people though paid premiums for years, got dropped once they got sick. I used my house insurance 2 times in my life. Unfortunately it was within 3 years of each other. I was dropped. Only place to take me charge 6x more. Many people don't use their insurance unless its big costs, afraid of getting dropped.

I agree the Obama system sucks, too many rules, about location, income, etc. But Private insurance is one of the biggest profit making businesses in the country. To me that's just wrong. I think a National Medical can reduce costs, cover everyone. No worries of getting dropped if you use it.

Maybe a sliding scale of premiums, but private medical insurance is just wrong. To make huge profits of people getting sick, loosing houses, spending all your retirement before you retire.

There is a reason every other country covers this. Well, before I get corrected, Most.

There is no perfect system. But I'd rather have government doing it than scamming private insurance giving bonuses for denying services.

Greg