This is Billy Kimberlin's brother Justin.  Today is national siblings
day.  I was on Facebook today looking at my brother's page and
realized that we never sent a message to the list letting you know
about Billy's passing.  I know that the list really meant a lot to
Billy.  He had been on the list since sometime in the mid to late
1990s. April 5th would have been 22 years of injury since his accident
on April 5, 2017.

On Monday October 17th he went to the V.A. hospital for a UTI that he
gotten really bad during the weekend.  At his request they sent him
home with IV antibiotics.  They sent a home care nurse to check on him
at least once a day.  On Tuesday the nurse said he would hospitalize
Billy if he didn't eat or drink.  On Wednesday morning Billy was
drinking water and suddenly stopped responding.  His heart had
stopped.  It wasn't until the next day that they knew he was gone.  In
his passing, Billy was able to save one life as an organ donor.  I am
posting a copy of his obituary at the bottom.  I will leave you with
one of Billy's favorite quotes, which is also one of my favorite
quotes.

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then
I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the
terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve
them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and
unfairness of the universe."

        -- Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5:"A Late Delivery from Avalon"

KIMBERLIN, Billy Paul II

52, Wesley Chapel, passed away October 20, 2016. He was born in Naval
Submarine Base, New London, Groton, CT. Billy was a graduate of the
University of South Florida majoring in history. He served as a
Florida Highway Patrolman in Pinellas County and from 1982 to 1995
served in the United States Army in Germany and Dessert Storm as an
M.P. Billy was predeceased by his mother, Deanna Kimberlin. Left to
cherish his memory are his father, Gerald Kimberlin; his step-mother,
Janet Kimberlin; his wife, Lydia Kimberlin; his two brothers, Justin
Kimberlin (Laila) and Kevin Kimberlin (Terry) (Ashlyn); his niece,
Julia Galleguez (R.J.); and three nephews, Austin Kimberlin, Gabriel
Bryant, and Devin Kimberlin. A celebration of life will be held at
Central Christian Church, 1200 S. Keene Rd., Clearwater, on Sunday,
November 6, 2016 at 3 pm. Memorial contributions may be made to the
Paralyzed Veterans of USA.