From: DEBRA DEW [mailto:n14...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2017 7:23 PM
To: quad-list@eskimo.com
Subject: [QUAD-L] Mouth stick

I need one very badly and I wish you would tell me what works for you
please. I am in nursing home and so it takes about an hour or so for me to
get someone to my room to assist me so I need some way to grab it into my
mouth independently. I have my laptop sitting on the over the bed table in
front of me in my bed. I thought maybe there would be some kind of a holder
that the stick would lay in and I could lean my head forward and grab the
end of it with my mouth perhaps.

It is imperative I have one to be able to touch my computer screen when
necessary when I am doing a restart and have to open the profile for Dragon
NaturallySpeaking. I have the Smart speech program which is supposed to open
the profiles automatically, and was written by a quadriplegic so that he
would be able to use his computer independently without waiting for
assistance but it worked for a few months as advertised and then suddenly it
stopped loading the profile for me so I have to touch the screen to touch
the open button.

It is such a great blessing to have others to talk to that are in my
situation and have answers no one else can provide without the experience of
being like this. Lorrie Michelson was kind enough to tell me about you guys
and I'm so appreciative for the information. I hate do is say this, but I
have always gotten all my useful and valuable information from other people
in my situation sharing their day-to-day living experiences with me. Thank
you all so much (yes you all I am Southern)

Debra Scruggs-Scruggs phalanx-dragon slayers -PRISONER OF HOPE ZECH. 9
Formerly: Homeschooling mom of 9 and pvt. pilot
Currently: Quadrapeligic due to advanced MS and living in a nursing home
Phone: 561-588-4333
SC student 20yrs
ROMANS 8:28

B.I.B.L.E.-BASIC INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE LEAVING EARTH

---