I broke my leg about 10 years ago. I have osteoporosis and I went to 3
different doctors and none of them would do anything, not even a boot. I
was so upset because I had just got insurance that would allow me to get a
standing. 5 1/2 years ago I had foot surgery for footdrop. They left the
fixator on for 7 days without checking and I got gangrene. I had to be on a
special antibiotic for one month. They let me have a hospital and gave be a
wound VAC for 2 months until I could get the skin graft. Then a year later
I foot broke, because the skin fixator was taken off too soon because of
the doctors neglect. They couldn't do anything because of my osteoporosis.
I did not realize that with osteoporosis surgery will not work.. Has anyone
else run into that experience?
Dana 4-5 complete quadriplegic, 43 years. I get yearly injections is called
IV therapy reclast up to six years .