Regarding Amazon Echo and the benefits that has given me. Just wanted to
pass on some very important information for those of us who cannot
physically hang up the phone.  This morning I was unable to get in touch
with my daughter.  She is a diabetic, and I am a C4 quadriplegic complete.
After several tries she answered the phone but it was very apparent that her
sugar level was dropped as she was not making sense and would not hang up
her phone.

A few days ago I downloaded the Mastermind App and paid $15.00 to be
included in the beta testing.  I used it a couple of times just to try it
out.  Today, I used the app to tell it to call my daughter in law, and while
I was unable to use my own cell phone with voice, it went ahead and used my
phone putting my call to my daughter on hold.  What a fantastic feeling to
know that I have more than one way to contact someone in case of an
emergency.

Another app or skill on the echo is one called Guardian Circle.  Later today
I’m going to enable that.  It allows you to make an unlimited number of
emergency calls or texts by just telling Guardian Circle that you have an
emergency.  A huge bonus is that it opens an alert center so that your
rescuers can communicate with each other even if they do not know them.
That way everybody is aware of what is going on, even if they enter later.
TECHNOLOGY IS MARVELOUS and Amazon Echo is paving the way for those of us
who are disabled.

Joan in sunny Reno 39° and 2 inches of snow, beautiful.