Part of the reason you don't get as much out is because its not in the balloon, its in the tube. Its got to fill the tube before it gets to the balloon. If you poked a hole in the balloon for air, you might get it all out.
Greg

On 12/29/2017 8:10 AM, Noel wrote:
It might be just the type of catheter used, but the balloon can lose
water over a couple of weeks. I would have 10 cc initially inserted,
three weeks later about 6 cc would come out.  I suspect it's due to
condensation. I've begun using a mixture of sterile water and
glycerin, at the mixture of 9:1.

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 12:45 AM, Danny Espinoza
<da...@immortaldesigns.co> wrote:
I'm 13 years post and have had a Supra pubic catheter for 12 years and use a
Bardex hydrogel with bactiguard and silver alloy coating and rarely if ever
get infections since I changed to it. The other change I had made is my
fluid intake after increasing that I'm sure it helped as well. Flushing the
catheter/bladder with saline is fairly easy as well with a S.p. catheter.
The one thing that we had to learn/make adjustments to is how much to fill
the balloon/balloon size. If you fill it too much then it can cause A.D
however not enough and the catheter can move or come out which your
doctor/urologist will/should go over with you.
-Danny

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] Supra pubic or other options?2
From: "Greg" <g...@eskimo.com>
Date: Thu, December 28, 2017 7:22 pm
To: <quad-list@eskimo.com>

I use a Bard Foley IC, (Infection Control) silver coated. The clear ones
were too stiff, caused spasms.The yellowish ones cause me no issues.
Greg

On 12/28/2017 6:19 PM, Noel wrote:

John, I had a suprapubic installed about five years ago. Initially, it
was rough, constantly causing autonomic dysreflexia. I switched to a
different type of catheter called the Duette, it has helped somewhat,
but still some discomfort when the tube is moved. It's made of softer
material, every once in a while have trouble getting it to insert and
have to use a catheter with a stiffer tip called a coude. I'm in quite
a bit of pain until I can switch back to the Duette. Haven't had much
trouble with infections.