I don't use anything since it would just get in the way. Before my
husband's passing, him and I were just using flip phones because everything
we needed or wanted was on our computer. Then, after moving in with my
sister and brother-in-law and decided to get a Smartphone.

IPhones, in my opinion, do a lot of things but nothing I need so I use a
Samsung. I keep it in a bag that is attached to my right arm rest and I
have a Bluetooth that I use with it since I can use my right "paw" to
answer the phone. Another thing I began to do with the phone is in the
evenings when I am laying in bed... I have a holder for it that we put on
my over the bed table. My caregiver connects it to either Amazon prime or
Netflix so that it will play anything (I usually choose a movie because I
only use it on a certain night). Every other night after getting in bed I
use my Tablet Kiosk with a microphone so I can compose e-mails or search
things on the net and, most importantly... I have a ton of things on my
Kindle device to read. I basically do not watch any TV... just not
interested.

Anyway, what I use to hold my smart phone that sits on my over the bed
table can be seen here (I say that I ordered it in July of 2014) but don't
even remember that since I had to move again and I know I purchased a
cheaper one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0074U2MAK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I can't reach out and touch the screen or anything however... my disability
does not allow that.  I do know that it "clips on" my over the bed table.
And that it is blue.

I have had a quite a while and it is plastic so it is going to need
replacing but waiting till the last possible moment to purchase one that is
not plastic like seeing here (I also turn my phone sideways since the
holder allows it to be twisted around or angled):
https://www.amazon.com/WizGear-Premium-iPhones-Android-Smartphones/dp/B07C27D2XC/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1538622370&sr=8-20&keywords=smart+phone+holder+for+desk

--
"Petting, scratching and cuddling a dog could be soothing to the mind and
heart and deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer." ~Dean