IV Antibiotics don't bother my stomach pain wise, but can cause runs.
Most UTI ones I can do ok, but now and then Leviquin (sp) will cause huge, double over, stomach pains, can't eat. feel sick. Taking with lots of food and extra water helps. Some swear by Yogurt with active cultures. If its ok, I ask for half dose, but take twice as often.

Stay ut of sun on antibiotics.
Greg

On 11/14/2018 11:59 AM, Jim Lubin wrote:

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: *DAVID LEWIS* <curlyle...@verizon.net <mailto:curlyle...@verizon.net>>
Date: Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 10:17 AM
Subject: Very bad side effects taking when taking antibiotics for UTI
To: Quad-list <quad-list@eskimo.com <mailto:quad-list@eskimo.com>>

Hi
Ive been a quad since i was 18 from auto accident. Im 60 now.
I have had a Texas cath all my quad life.
Its a condom and glue that holds it externally.
Ive had some uti infections now and again .
1 have one now and my urology dr. put me on sulfameth/tmp 2 times a day for 7 days i have taken antibiotics before but i never ever had such a bad reaction effects from.this one. I was light headed felt sick to my stomach, could not eat anything because of no appetite felt, felt anxiety, got blurry vision and could not sleep from stomach upset.
i finished the week but i will NEVER EVER take that med again.
Can you guys pleaseĀ  tell me how you put up with uti antibiotics that you had a hard time takings. Also is there any ideas to prevent these bad side effects when taking uti meds.
What if i had taken this in IV and itĀ  would bypass stomach?
What do you guys think?
I hope some of your comments back can help me
Thank you sooo much.
Johhny