Hello everyone,
A question for all on the list who use private duty CNA/Home Health Aide Care and pay for it out of pocket, how much you pay your CNA/Home health aide per hour? I have two excellent CIA's and both are complaining that they are not earning enough. Thing is, I gave them both raises are a few months ago, from $28.00 to $30.00 an hour. I know that's not a lot but at the time that's all I could afford but my financial situation Changed for the better and now I can afford a little more and am wondering what a
a good hourly rate is to pay an excellent CNA?  Below are my morning
and evening Care plans:
Morning care plan:
Sponge bath, upper body (no legs or feet) Done in bed, six days a week, whole body 7 days a week.
Getting dressed (also done in bed) I usually wear nylon running pants,
no underpants so just involves changing the pants.
Sliding board transfer into power chair.
She makes a breakfast which usually consists of brewed coffee & microwave pancakes or waffles done in toaster oven. On Fridays and only Friday she'll make scrambled eggs
and a toasted English muffin.
3 days a week she'll make a wrap sandwich.
Quite a few little side jobs like checking and opening my mail, opening any boxes or packages I may receive.

Night time care plan:
Mixing and serving me metamucil.
Getting undressed, 99% of time only involves taking off shirt.
Sliding board transfer into bed.
Range of motion exercises on legs, takes about 10 minutes.
Prepare night snack, usually just 2 apple slices & 2 prunes.  The
Moving wheelchair into place by bed (power chair, heavy, not very easy to move) Also occasional little side jobs like checking & opening my mail, opening any boxes or packages I may receive.

Sorry for such long list, just wanted you all to get a good idea of how much work these girls do. Thanks!

Dan G.
quadz...@optonline.net