I bought a bunch of 475s at an Auction.  All are minimal computers
with 4 megs of memory and 256K VRAM.  All had 80 meg hard drives
except one, which is an IBM drive that has a 160K.  It boots
sometimes. It seems to have its own mind.  SO, I decide that I will
install 7.5.  Nope, it cannot be done. If I boot the 7.5 tools disk,
it doesn't recognize that the drive even exists. Hmm.  Well, what
I'll do is put an external hard drive, boot from the 7.5, and operate
off of the external. Forget that.  Well, then, how about 7.5 and the
8.1 OS from a CD. Doesn't recognize the CD.  Well, then, ... I will
boot from the 7.5 with Mt Everything and then mount the external
(forget it)  or the CD (zippo.)  Well, then, I will boot from the
160, which booted an hour ago.  "This startup disk will not work on
this computer."  Forget it then, I just hang the 160 up and go with
an Apple 80 meg.  Yep, that works.  Is there a mount program that
will recognize MT the 160 and small enough to put on the 7.5 boot
disk?  Darn it, I want to put 7.5, 7.6 or 8.1 on that 160 disk drive.

Dale - I think I hate that IBM drive.
--
Caddo County Harpman - ccharpman! http://home.tanet.net/dhill "Do you
think he might be compensating for something?" Shreck (01)