At 12:06 PM -0500 07/01/01, Aerielle wittily wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>A friend has asked me to take over the maintenance of
>his website for awhile.
>Mostly adding and deleting articles, moving some items
>around, adding "bullets"
>buttons, links etc.
>The site was created on a PC.
>
>Need suggestions of what MAC program(s) would be best
>to use.
>(Beige G3 AV & Quad 840AV)
>
>Have never done this before.
>
>TIA for any advice you can offer.
>
>Aerielle  ;-)

Well the best I think is BBEdit 5.1 which will run on both your Macs, and
if you wanted to upgrade to 6.x it would work only on the G3 AV. If you
want to try BBEdit there is BBEdit Lite which you can get for Free and then
you can upgrade from BBEdit Lite to BBEdit. This is what I did. :-} I think
BBEdit 5.1 should still be available if you ask. If not well I have a
BBEdit 4.5 CD with Manual I could sell you.

BBEdit Lite is not AppleScriptable, but BBEdit is AppleScriptable and this
is a desirable feature.

Other alternatives all Shareware:

PageSpinner 2.1 68K [I have this] for the Quad 840AV & whatever the latest
PageSpinner is for the G3 AV, check the web page
<http://www.optima-system.com/pagespinner/>.

PageSpinner is AppleScriptable.

Wallaby 1.2.2 from      DarkeagleSoftware       <http://www.darkeagle.com/>
Wallaby is not Sciptable in the version that I have.

World Wide Web Weaver 2.1.1 or HTML Web Weaver Lite 3.0.1, basically the
same application in different versions, I have the installers for both of
them if needed. Also there is or was a commercial version called World Wide
Web Weaver for Mac <http://www.MiracleInc.com>
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Not AppleScriptable that I recall.
<<>>