Hello, Quadlisters:

I'm just about to sign off the Quadlist since I'm parting out my 476
(see the Swaplist or e-mail me off-list) to move up to a Crescendo-ed
7200 for my home machine. Thanks for your help here, and it's been a
fun ride!

On-topic: we've discussed utilities, and I'm reporting that I had
previously used Norton Utilities 3.5.2 for my sturdy 476; however,
I've found that what was slightly more hearty for simple repairs
after the odd crash or two was to run TechTool Lite 3.0.1 and
"check/repair desktop." That seemed to be better than sniffing out my
drive from an external startup disk with NU on it.

I also took the advice of many Quadlisters to finally buy Alsoft
DiskWarrior 2.1.1 for my other machines, and one question remains.
Before I give away the 476, have you guys had good luck with
DiskWarrior on your Quads? I may give the HD a real good sniff-out
before I retire it to its new owner.

Peace....

--
Cheers! Olin Jenkins, [EMAIL PROTECTED], Jenkins Typography
1303 Sunset Drive, Columbia, SC  29203 ... phone/fax: 803-256-2245