I also got a 610 about a week ago (complete with manuals, a real 68040,
monitor adapter, keyboard, etc).  It's a nice little machine that I had
hoped to install NetBSD -- to be honest with you all it'll probably just
stick to MacOS into the distant future.  It came with Word and Excel
installed (Word is v6 -- loads in about 8 to 10 seconds -- not bad for an
ancient 20mhz machine).

Anyway, I'm looking around the net for software to install on this machine
(which runs system 8).  The problem is is that when I burn a CD at the
office (PC stuff) and bring it home the Mac treats the contents of the CD as
text files instead of the binary files they are.

Short of hooking all my network stuff up again what's the easiest way to
transfer software?  If you copy of Mac binary from a PC created CD/RW how do
you tell the Mac that the file in question is actually a binary (executable)
file instead of a text file?

I'm a MacOS newbie if you havn't already guessed.

Damond