Hi all,
I got to get my hands on a Centris 660av, one more Mac
I got cheap from ebay (Euro 8.00) and one more guest
in my Mac asylum. It looks like new, no yellowing from
sunlight or cigarette smoke, no scratches at all, even
the cover surface does not show any wear from a
monitor or whatsoever. Plus, it came with all the
original packaging and paperwork. Nice ^_^

But the machine does not start up. Not even a beep,
neither the good startup sound not the bad tone (no,
there is no plug into the audio line out jack)... Dark
screen. Arrgh!

The power supply is OK, I put it into a Quadra 610 and
it performs well! (actually, this was a lie, I tried
it with a PowerMac 6100, but since this is Quadlist
and not Powermac list... ^_^

So I tried what I always try, zapping Pram, replacing
the battery, without success. Uh.

Then I looked on the motherboard and - well, what I
saw made my blood freezing into my veins - someone
dared to make a modification on the logicboard, he
soldered a part onto the board, maybe the work of an
evil overclocker!

I would like to repair the mac and to bring it back to
its original condition, but for this task I have to
know what kind electronic part belongs to this place.

The first part I am curious about is located directly
under the AT&T DSP and next to the CD-Rom bay. The
place is marked as either "C55" or "C56" (it is hard
to read).

>From this part, the second part to the left (I guess
it is the oscillator) "G6" also seems to be modified.
It reads

SG-615P  C
 12.5000 M
     3040A

I made some pics and uploaded them to my yahoo
briefcase. I marked the parts with question marks.
Maybe someone can tell me which parts are located on
these positions originally?

http://photos.yahoo.com/peter_heinemann

Thank you in advance

-Peter Heinemann