> 1.    I want to revive a Centris 650 from the dead by running either AUX,
> MkLinux, or some flavor of BSD. Can anyone recommend the best OS for it?

I'm using OpenBSD 3.0 on my Quadra 700; works pretty well.  The Centris 650
is listed as fully supported, too.

> 2.    Those upgrades cards from Sonnet, Newer, etc. Do they work with any
of
> the above Unixes?

The PPC upgrade cards don't, but the Quaddoublers work great.

> 5.   Where can I shop for video Ram, RAM, and video cards for this
machine?

SA Technologies has really great prices.  I ordered some SIMMs for my Quadra
and they delivered promptly.

> Comments, criticisms, are appreciated.

I Wouldn't run AU/X on anything that was going to be doing mission critical
stuff, or available to the outside world.  Probably has tons of exploits
since it hasn't been updated in years.  Any of the BSD's should be solid.

Am I the only person who uses OpenBSD instead of NetBSD?

Haroon