>I am trying to put a new internal SCSI HD inside my Centris 650.

Heh, something i know about i have 3 of them here!

>I haven't decided which one to buy yet, the problem is the new drives all
>have a internal high density 50 pin female

Actually it's 68 pin afaik.

>, and the ribbon cable inside a
>Centris is regular 50 pin.
>
>What am I looking for here to connect the two? An adaptor? A ribbon cable?

Yep you need an adaptor, they are about £10 and there are two kinds!

Technically either will do, but it depends on what you want and more importantly what
will fit.

That is, you can either put an adaptor on the board and use a 68pin cable (but these
are generally used
for adding a 50 pin drive to a 68pin cable i think!)

or, get an adaptor that fits beetween the drive and the 50 way cable. though this can
be a very tigh squeeze in
some macs!

Carrot007.