>I have an 840av (as you well know I expect ;) ) with a Silicon
>Express IV UWSCSI card installed with a 9GB Seagate Cheetah 18XL
>connected to it. Recently it has been freezing while preforming disk
>operations via the SEIV card and locking the entire machine solid (no
>mouse, no nothing). I have the 1.6.5 Firmware installed and I've
>checked to make sure all the RAM, VRAM and the SEIV card are properly
>seated. I've zapped the PRAM, twice, and it didn't have any bearing
>either. I'm lost for any further ideas.....

For future reference in the archives I solved this problem by setting
the drive to 'Force Single Ended Mode' on the links block on the
controller board. This sets the drive to single ended mode instead of
LVD mode.

Mark Benson
Any spelling errors are attributed to PEBKAC

SilValleyPirate - AIM
silicon_valley_pirate_uk - Yahoo!

Visit Flat Pack Macs Online:
<http://fpm.gotdns.com>