In a message dated 6/12/02 9:57:27 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<
1) I'm looking into buying a used Quadra 950 from an auction my company

holds each year to get rid of old computers. I need to know if I can connect

a PC VGA monitor to it. If I need a special adapter, can anyone tell me the

name so I can look for it on eBay?

A PC multiscan monitor and a PC (HD-15)-to-Mac (DB-15) "dongle" will do the
job.

A non-multiscan, say one which is 640 x 480 VGA only, will not work.

2) Can someone tell me about PowerPC upgrades for Quadra's and the 950 model

in particular? Which are the more reputable manufacturers? What pitfalls

should I expect? And if you can point me to websites which talk about PPC

upgrades for older Macs, it would be greatly appreciated.

1) Apple's PPC Upgrade card, 66 HHz, easily and reliably extensible to 80 MHz,

2) Daystar's redesign of Apple's PPC Upgrade card, 100 MHz, and can't ho
higher without burning itself out, and

3) Sonnet's redesign of Daystar's redesign of Apple's PPC Upgrade card, also
100 MHz, and also can't go higher without burning itself out.

The Apple card for the Q950 also works in the Q650 and Q700 (and, with a
right-angle adapter, in the Q610).

The Daystar and Sonnet cards are oriented differently than the Apple card,
but will work in at least the Q950 and Q650 and probably the Q700, too.