Haroon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

    I noticed the Quaddoubler pictured on Sonnet's web site
    does not have a fan, but a heatsink. For some reason my
    Quaddoubler has a fan attached, which doesn't seem to be
    cooling it effectively. Anyone think replacing the fan
    on the Quaddoubler with the original Quadra heatsink
    would yield better results?

I am of the belief that Sonnett originally engineered the QuadDoubler
with the groovy heatsink, but re-engineered and attempted to improve the
design with the substitution of the Peltier (?) fan. I would expect that
the fan cools better than the plain old heatsink.

I sold you that QuadDoubler, as we both remember. It was never a
completely reliable improvement for my Q660av either, but tended to
skitter off after awhile. Methinks that it's doing the best that it can,
and one shouldn't expect perfection from it.

It sounds like you're getting some good usage out of it.
--
Michael Emery