--- Bill Judson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 1 drive works fine. The other didn't want to mount anything & froze
> my
> machine during a SCSI poll. Pulled it apart (I had vague ideas about
> turning it into a hard drive enclosure), pulled out all the cables &
> plugged them back in, & now it will mount carts, but it thinks
> they're all
> locked! (They aren't -- physically or in software. They mount fine --
> and
> writeable -- on the good drive.)

I can't remember exactly how it works, but there is a physical locking
mechanism on the carts that is detected mechanically by the drive.
Perhaps when you put the drive back together, that mechanism got stuck.
 Examine the carts for the locking device and you'll be able to find
the interlocking mechanism in the drive.

=====