1. I have a 68LC040 33MHz CPU in my Performa 630 DOS Compatible, and I would
like to replace it with a full 68040 40MHz CPU that I have. From the info I
have gathered, this should not cause any problems.... right?

2. Trouble is, I can't get the processors off either board... do you need to
use a grotesque amount of force, or what? I have been using flat-bladed
screwdrivers, with me and a friend trying to gently lift opposite corners
simultaneously (to minimise pin-bending).... but can't get the thing to
budge a micron, let alone an inch... We have increased the yanking power up
to what we thought was serious force, but nothing moved... any tips? The
service manual pdf for the 630 shows the Apple chip-removal tool in action,
which has a levering action... is levering against the board the only
option? (Don't want to smash anything.)

Mike

PS Thought I better come clean, the 40MHz chip is off a working Radius
Rocket II card... don't crucify me, I know it's sacrilege, but I've never
been able to get the thing to do much on my IIci, it's finickity and
unstable, so I'd like to give its CPU  a whirl on the Performa to see how
big the speed boost is... if it's insignificant, I promise to return it to
its rightful abode...