Yes it's possible.  I have a NeXT N4005 21" color monitor by Hitachi
that was being used on a Q800 with a D15 to 3 BNC cable.  You also might
look for a 13w3 SGI monitor.  There seems to a lot of them floating
around, at least in USA, and they work with the original NeXT Y cable
from the slab to the sound box.  Check out comp.sys.next.hardware on
Google. A lot of NeXT folk still hang out there.  And of course if you
have any questions feel feel to contact me off-list.

I have a Turbo Color slab and two Dimension cubes, so black hardware is
one of mt pet projects.

James

http://webpages.charter.net/jrice54/classiccomp2.html
http://webpages.charter.net/jrice54/next.html