In USN electrinics school (back when mem were men and CRTs were CRTs) they
told us that probably the biggest danger from capacitance shocks probably
was jerking back and ripping ones hand open on the circuitry. Still
dangerous, and most unpleasant, but probably not fatal.

Don Erdmann, Vancouver, USA

<<When someone can prove (quote me a news story, please) that a person has
been killed by a TV tube, I'll believe it.  Until then, I really wish people
would stop perpetuating this myth.

Yes, they'll hurt.  A lot.  But they won't kill you.

the pickle>>