Hello all,

I have two Macs - Quadra-950 and Performa-400. My desire is, to hook
both of them to my LAN (ADSL connection, shared between other machines
using Win98SE PC) for Internet access.

Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to find required Mac hardware here
- for Quadra, I haven't AAUI adaptor, and Performa doesn't have NIC at
all. My attempts to obtain MuBus or LC-PDS cards weren't successful, so
I'm thinking about using serial ports for that purpose.

Is there a way to use some kind of serial connection between PC and Mac
- PPP, SLIP or the like? My Win98 machine has Microsoft's Dial-Up
Networking upgrade v1.4 installed, which allows it to act as 'server'
for incoming phone calls, but I don't know whether it's useable for the
Macs or not...

The best way, I believe, is to use cross-over serial cable, but even
pair of 'real' modems (chained via phone line emulator) will be
acceptable.

Maybe, someone here has some experience (or ideas) concerning similar
tricks?

Sincerely,
Artur