I think that must be a pretty basic fix

thats almost exactly what a DELL technician told me to do a few years ago
(except hold the button for 3 seconds because its not a toggle button)

-----Original Message-----
From: Quadlist [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of R.A.
Cantrell
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 3:51 PM
To: Quadlist
Subject: Re: Still Seeking Quadra 950 Help

on 10/8/02 3:24 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Unseat and then reseat the power plug to the mobo.
Also, somebody on the list recently posted a re-set procedure that *seems*
to have helped one of my machines behave better. When you have the power
plug disconnected from the MoBo, also take out the battery, and while these
are out and everything  is pulled out of the board slots, hit the "on"
switch, "
then wait several minutes before re-assembling everything and proceed as
Peter has suggested.--
All the best,
R.A. Cantrell

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>