>Anybody know if there is s/w available to run a Q950 as an X-windows terminal?

There is a java jobby called weirdX which runs an X-server. I have only
used it on windows, but it claims to work on OS8.6 with MRJ 2.1

Hmm - but I have a sneaky feeling thats PowerPC only, isn't it.
Anyone know of a Java 1.1 for 68ks?

Better - there's a thing called MIX, which I have also used on windows - and
there's apparently a 68k mac port. It is produced by http://www.microimages.com,
and is free.

The 68k port has disappeared from their website, but I found a link to it
on their FAQ at
http://efrw01.frascati.enea.it/Software/Unix/IstrFTU/MIX/The_MIX_FAQ_8-10-1997.html.
That link doesn't work, but I googled and found it at
http://www.orgchm.bas.bg/pub/xwindows/mix/

Let us know if this works out.

Ian